About Bury Live Well Service
Who we are
We are a team of experts providing free personalised support.
We believe in creating a healthier community where everyone can:
- start well;
- live well; and
- age well.
We promote healthy and active living and help people to make positive changes to their lifestyle.
Why we are here
We are here to offer support and inspiration so that everyone can own their health and wellbeing and choose a healthy, active and fulfilling life.
As we get older, there is a heightened risk of people developing long term conditions, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, type 2 diabetes or poor mental wellbeing. We help people:
- adopt a better lifestyle (to reduce the risk of developing one or more long term conditions);
- manage long term conditions (to help them stay as independent and healthy as possible, prevent complications and the need to go into hospital).
We have supported thousands of people across the Borough of Bury to reach a healthy weight; build more activity into their daily life; stop smoking; eat better; and generally improve their health and wellbeing. We are here to help people stay well, stay independent, and enjoy life for longer.
What we can help you with
The support we provide
Bury Live Well Service offer a broad range of support services to help keep people well, in the best possible health, physically, mentally, socially and emotionally. We support people with:
- Getting more active, more often
- Keeping mobile, preventing falls and maintaining independence
- Eating well and maintaining a healthy weight
- Preventing or coping better with long term conditions
- Maintaining a healthy mind and managing stress, anxiety or a low mood
- Sleeping better
- Reducing how much alcohol you drink
- Quitting smoking and becoming smoke free
- Family health and wellbeing
- Finding new activities and opportunities for connecting with others
- Breastfeeding successfully
We help people:
- Take control and turn their life around for the better
- Gain the confidence to try something new
- Bounce back and stay strong
- Reach their full potential to live a happier, healthier life
Who we can help
Bury Live Well Service offers free support to:
- People living, working or studying within the Borough of Bury
- People registered with a GP in the Borough of Bury
- People hospitalised in the Borough of Bury
Children under 16 must be referred by their parent or guardian, or by their GP or health specialist.
At times when demand for our support is high, we will give priority to people for whom one or more of the following applies.
- Long term condition, or are at risk of developing a long term condition
- Mental health condition
- Low income
Want to get started with finding a happier, healthier you?
To access our help you will need to either: