About noise nuisance problems
The types of noise nuisance problems we deal with are as follows.
- Noisy neighbours (eg music, shouting, alarms, home improvement work at unreasonable hours).
- Noise from commercial premises (eg alarms, ventilation systems, entertainment).
- Noise from industrial premises (eg factories, construction sites, alarms)
- Car alarms and loud stereos (parked vehicles only when noise is prolonged).
- Dogs barking (prolonged regular barking only).
Before you report a noise problem consider first whether you can try to resolve the problem yourself by talking to whoever is responsible for the noise. Useful advice on how to deal with problem neighbours and the is available at Problem neighbours