Download and read eBooks and eMagazines or listen to eAudiobooks from BorrowBox
You can borrow up to six eBooks and six eAudiobooks at a time, each for up to 21 days. Use your account to renew your loans, return items early and reserve items if they're currently on loan. You can also access local publications too. No overdue fines, titles are automatically removed from your account.
When you borrow a magazine you'll get the option to subscribe (there is no charge for this) so that you will get the next edition downloaded automatically. eMagazines are found in the ePress section of the Borrowbox website and app.
Not signed up to BorrowBox?
- You'll need your library card number so that you can create an account. Not a member already? Then join Bury Libraries
- To get eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines on a mobile device download the BorrowBox app: apps.Apple - BorrowBox app or Play Google - BorrowBox app. If you're using an Amazon Kindle Fire, please see the Amazon - Kindle Fire Borrowbox app. Please note that the only Kindle device that Borrowbox works on is the Kindle Fire*.
- Once you've installed the app, search for Bury Libraries in the 'Library' field, and log in using your library membership card number and password.
- If you're using a laptop or desktop computer you can browse and download titles from Borrowbox. These can be read using Adobe Digital Editions software and can also be transferred to compatible eReader devices.
- If you need help, please refer to the help section of the BorrowBox web site.
*Amazon does allow public library patrons in the USA to borrow books on a standard Kindle reader but that service is not available outside the USA.