You can pay your Business Rates online using a debit card, credit card or PayPal.
Business Rates instalments and payment dates
You can choose to pay your Business Rates on the same date of either the 1st or 20th of each month.
Business Rates bills can be paid in instalments as either:
- 10 monthly instalments, from April to the following January
- 12 monthly instalments, from April to March.
If we send you a bill in the middle of a financial year, the amount of Business Rates due can be spread over the remaining months of the same financial year. Your payment amounts and due dates will be shown on your bill.
Please contact us to change your payment date, number of instalments or bank details.
Pay by Direct Debit
You can setup a new Direct Debit or change an existing Direct Debit online for your Business Rates account. Direct Debits can be paid:
- on either the 1st or 20th of each month, or
- as 10 instalments, paid between April and January, or
- as 12 instalments, paid between April and March
Once you're Direct Debit has been successfully created or amended, we'll send you a new bill.
Direct Debits for a Partnership or Limited Company
In the case of a Limited Company or Partnership, where more than one signatory is required to set up a Direct Debit, we cannot accept online applications or take the details over the telephone. To set up a Direct Debit please complete the form below and we will send one to you.
Standing order, BACS or online banking
To pay Business Rates by standing order, BACS or using online banking, you will need the following details to make a payment:
- your Business Rates account number
- you will need to quote this as your payment reference number
- our banking details:
- Barclays Bank PLC, 1 Central Street, The Rock, Bury, BL9 0JN
- Sort code: 20-16-24
- Account number: 33020983
Pay by telephone
Our automated payment line 0300 456 0542 is available 24 hours a day. You will need to know enter your Business Rates account number when using this service. Calls cost the same as those to normal home or business landline numbers starting with 01 or 02.
If you're unsure of your Business Rates account number, you can call us on 0161 253 5656 to pay by debit or credit card on any weekday between 8.45am and 5pm.
Pay in person
You can pay your Business Rates at your local Post Office or PayPoint location. If paying by cheque at a Post Office, you'll need to make it out to 'Post Office Ltd'.
Your Business Rates balance
If you have registered for our online services you can check your business rates balance online.
Business Rates payment difficulty
If you cannot pay your business rates this month, please contact us to discuss your options. Although payments cannot be deferred, there might be ways to make payment easier, such as:
- changing your instalment date
- changing the number of instalments from 10 to 12, as this can reduce the amount you have to pay each month
- agreeing a new payment plan
- checking if you're eligible for rate relief or exemption.
Business Rates enforcement agents
If you have Business Rates debt that's been passed to an enforcement agent or bailiff, you should make payments directly to them.
The enforcement agencies we use are:
- Bristow and Sutor, telephone 0871 677 0070
- Rossendales, telephone 0844 701 3980