Missed bin collections
What to do if your bin wasn't emptied on your collection day
You do not need to report a missed bin if your bin is not full and you can manage until your next collection.
Before you report a missed bin, check below if we already know about it.
Advice for missed scheduled collections
Collections missed on Wednesday 30 November 2022
- Please leave missed bins out for collection.
- Radcliffe: Part of Barlow Street, part of Bridgefield Street (missed due to lack of access)
- Whitefield: Kibworth Close (missed due to lack of access)
- Hollins: Part of Croft Lane, East Drive, Hollins Brow, part of Hollins Lane, White Brow
- Whitefield: Bleakley Street, part of Lily Hill Street, part of Spring Grove (missed due to lack of access)
- Radcliffe: Part of Abbey Close, Ampleforth Gardens, Glastonbury Gardens and part of Turks Road (missed due to lack of access)
If your collection isn't listed above, only report it to us if:
- your bin was out by 7am on the right day
- your bin was out in the right place
- your bin lid was fully closed
- your bin has the correct items in it
If your bin wasn't out on time or in the right place - return it to your property and put it out at your collection point by 7am on your next collection day.
If your bin lid wasn't closed - return it to your property and ensure the lid is fully closed on your next collection day.
If your bin has the wrong items in it - return it to your property and remove the items that shouldn't be in your bin before your next collection day (see about your bins for advice).
How to report a missed bin collection
Missed collections must be reported after 5pm on the day they are due and before 1pm the following day. You must report one type of missed bin collection at a time.
- For missed blue, green and grey bin collections - we will post official bags to you for use until your next scheduled collection
- For missed assisted collections - we will return within 5 working days (please make sure we can gain access to your bins at the agreed collection point)
Extra household waste
Residents living in the Borough of Bury and across Greater Manchester can take extra rubbish or recycling to any of the household waste recycling centres.