About your grey rubbish bin
We will empty your grey bin once every three weeks on your collection day.
What we do want
We only want waste you can't recycle in your grey bin. Here are some examples.
- Plastic margarine containers.
- Plastic food trays.
- Plastic yoghurt pots.
- Plastic packaging.
- Pet waste (in a tied bag).
- Bagged waste you can't recycle.
How to save space in your grey bin
- Try to flatten or squash your rubbish.
- Squeeze air out of plastic bags.
- Request recycling bins if you don't already have them.
- If you have young children, consider using real nappies instead of disposable ones.
- Do not overfill your grey bin - the bin lid must be fully closed.
- Do not overload your grey bin and make it too heavy for us to empty it.
- Batteries and mobile phones should always be recycled, but you can't put them in your bins at home. This is because they contain hazardous materials and are a fire risk. To find your nearest recycling point go to Recycle Now's recycling locator.