You do not need to report a missed bin collection if your bin is not full and you can manage until your next collection.
Before you report a missed bin
- Wait until after 5pm on your collection day
- Check below for missed bin collection updates, we may already know your bin has been missed.
Do not report a missed collection if your bin:
- wasn't at the kerbside or your collection point by 7am
- is too full and the lid is not fully closed
- has incorrect items within it
Missed bin collection updates
Bad weather, road works and other operational issues can sometimes mean we're unable to empty bins. Leave your bin out if we miss the collection in your street, we will empty it as soon as we can, usually the next working day.
Collections missed on Thursday 23 March
Please leave missed bins out for collection. We will empty them as soon as we can.
- Ramsbottom/Summerseat: Ducie Street and Queens Place (missed due to lack of access).
- Bury: Brighton Street and Pearson Street.
- Bury: Myrtle Street North and Pine Street North (missed due to road works).
- Bury: Benson Street, East Street, Edward Street, Frank Street, Heyside Way, part of Heywood Street, Hurst Street, part of James Street, Nuttall Street, Shepherd Street, South Cross Street, Spring Street, Townside Row.
Report a missed bin collection
To report a missed collection you must do so by 1pm the next working day, after your scheduled collection was due.
What happens next?
- For a missed blue, green or grey bin collection we will post official bags for you to use until you next scheduled collection
- For a missed brown bin collection we will return within 5 working days
- For a missed assisted bin collection we will return within 5 working days.