You do not need to report a missed bin collection if your bin is not full and you can manage until your next collection.
Before you report a missed bin
- Wait until after 5pm on your collection day
- Check below for missed bin collection updates, we may already know your bin has been missed.
Do not report a missed collection if your bin:
- wasn't at the kerbside or your collection point by 7am
- is too full and the lid is not fully closed
- has incorrect items within it
Missed bin collection updates
Bad weather, road works and other operational issues can sometimes mean we're unable to empty bins. Leave your bin out if we miss the collection in your street, we will empty it as soon as we can, usually the next working day.
Collections missed on Friday 24 March
Please leave missed bins out for collection. We will empty them as soon as we can.
- Bury: Royal Avenue and Raymond Avenue (missed due to lack of access).
- Summerseat: Trinity Green (missed due to lack of access).
- Ramsbottom: Queen Street and Conway Close (missed due to lack of access).
- Bury: Rudgwick Drive estate, Trimingham Drive estate, Hunstanton Drive Estate, Whitehead Crescent, Lepp Crescent, Holme Avenue, Whitburn Drive and Hebburn Drive.
- Ramsbottom/Summerseat: Manchester Road, Whalley Road and Queens Place.
- Tottington: Laurel Street, Ryecroft Avenue, Victoria Court.
- Tottington: Parts of Booth Street (missed due to lack of access).
Report a missed bin collection
To report a missed collection you must do so by 1pm the next working day, after your scheduled collection was due.
What happens next?
- For a missed blue, green or grey bin collection we will post official bags for you to use until you next scheduled collection
- For a missed brown bin collection we will return within 5 working days
- For a missed assisted bin collection we will return within 5 working days.