New waste and recycling collection rounds
- Our new collection rounds started week commencing 21 June and collection days changed for most households
- Please use your replacement collection calendar delivered to your home or check your collection days and dates online.
- If you sign-up for bin alerts we can send you email reminders for all your scheduled collections and updates if we miss or have to delay your collection.
Why we changed our collection rounds
We last reviewed our collection rounds in October 2014, nearly seven years ago. Since then, many new homes have been built and our collection rounds have become out of balance as a result. We now collect from around 83,750 homes and some of our rounds take in a lot more properties than others.
By changing the collection rounds we can restore the right balance and provide a more efficient service.
We have also invested in 19 new collection vehicles to improve reliability and provide a better service. We have 12 new vehicles already in use and seven more will be available by autumn.
Changing and balancing our collection rounds will:
- save more than £150,000 per year
- reduce our mileage by 4600 miles per year
- reduce our vehicle emissions and help towards our carbon reduction targets
- ensure our collection service operates efficiently and with just the right number of vehicles and staff
Communicating this change to residents
To ease the introduction of the new collection rounds we delivered the following to all households before the new rounds started.
- Pre-notification leaflet
- Information pack with a replacement 18-month calendar and a collection day leaflet
Extra one-off collection leaflets were also delivered to those households that would otherwise have waited too long between collection dates as we transitioned from the existing to the new rounds.