About your brown recycling bin
We will empty your brown bin once every two weeks on your collection day.
What we do want (garden waste)
- Grass cuttings.
- Hedge clippings.
- Cut flowers and plants.
- Bark and twigs.
- Small branches and small logs.
What we do want (food waste)
- Meat and fish - raw and cooked including bones.
- Fruit and vegetables - raw and cooked, including peelings.
- Dairy products such as eggs and cheese.
- Bread, cakes and pastries.
- Rice, pasta and beans.
- Uneaten food from your plates and dishes.
- Tea bags and coffee grounds.
Need more liners for your food waste?
- Attach the ribbon towards the end of the roll to your brown bin. Our collection crew will leave you a new roll.
- If you don't have a brown bin or kitchen caddy visit the Request a bin page.
What we don't want
- Any type of packaging.
- Plastic bags.
- Liquids, eg, fruit juice or milk.
- Cooking oil or liquid fat.
- Large amounts of soil.
- Big logs.
- Plant pots.
- For food waste, only use the compostable liners we provide.
- Batteries and mobile phones should always be recycled, but you can't put them in your bins at home. This is because they contain hazardous materials and are a fire risk. To find your nearest recycling point go to Recycle Now's recycling locator.