Let's manage tough times
An extra £1.5m is available through the Household Support Fund to support households with the current cost of living crisis.
The aim is to assist people through immediate hardship but also help meet financial challenges in the medium and long term.
We are providing:
- £630,000 to continue free school meals during the holidays
- £100 to every pensioner who receives council tax benefit
- a further £120,000 pot for pensioners in hardship
- £175,000 for those of working age
- £40,000 to support foodbanks
We have also set aside an extra £240,000 in grants to families to help them buy school uniforms.
If you are experiencing difficulties, find out about the immediate support and advice available on Let's manage tough times.