Welly Community Café and Little Wellies Community Café
The Welly Community Café is open to the public for hot and cold food, drinks and ice cream.
The project was established by Bury EST in August 2014 and transform a dilapidated area of Manchester Road Park into a community café and bowling green. Volunteers, Bury EST customers, staff and parents worked tirelessly to raising funds to enable this transformation and still support the project on an ongoing basis.
Bury EST customers run the café with support staff and work on building employability and independent living skills. They are given the opportunity to engage in catering and hospitality activities including:
- Food hygiene
- Health and safety in the kitchen
- Cleaning tables, washing up and general cleaning
- Setting up the kitchen and seating area
- Preparation of hot and cold food
- Cooking and baking
- Preparation of hot and cold drinks
- Customer service:
- waiting on tables
- taking orders
- serving food and drinks
- Stock taking and ordering
- Budgeting and money skills
- Team working
As part of the project we also run the Little Wellies Community Café at Bury Living Well Centre in partnership with Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust.
Bury EST customers bake all of our cakes and 'specials' that we sell in both cafés. We bake for special occasions such as Christmas and Easter and sell these to the wider community at events.
We also offer a buffet service to external organisations which our services customers help to prepare.
Are you looking for somewhere to have lunch, a hot drink and cake or are you looking for a venue for your next team meeting? Please see links below to our café menus and buffet menus.
- Welly Community Café open: Monday to Friday 10.00am till 3.30pm.
- Little Wellies Community Café open: Monday to Friday 10.30am till 2.30pm.