Club accreditation and Clubmark
Clubmark Accreditation is the Sport England cross-sport quality accreditation for clubs with junior sections. It is awarded in conjunction with existing National Governing Body award schemes.
Clubs have to comply with minimum operating standards in four areas. These are:
- the playing or participation programme;
- duty of care and child protection ;
- sports equity and ethics; and
- club management.
Bury Sport and Physical Activity Service is working hard to ensure that sports clubs can demonstrate to their partners, parents and young people that their club is:
- active and getting the best out of young people;
- accessible in order to give everyone a sporting chance;
- accredited - the Sport England mark of high quality.
So, wherever you live in England, you will be able to assess how clubs compare, whatever their sport, by always looking for the Clubmark and National Governing Body accreditation logos.