Section 251 financial statements and scheme for financing schools
Section 251 - Financial Budget Statements
The Local Authority is required under Section 251 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1988 to publish and make accessible the budget statement for inspection.
- Section 251 Budget Tables 2021-22 [3Mb]
- Section 251 Budget Tables 2020-21 [5Mb]
- Section 251 Budget Tables 2019-20 [307kb]
- Section 251 Budget Tables 2018-19 [1Mb]
- Section 251 Budget Tables 2017-18 [1Mb]
- Section 251 Budget Tables 2016-17 [1Mb]
- Section 251 Budget Tables 2015-16 [1Mb]
Section 251 Budget Statements - Content of Tables
Local Authority (LA) Table - Provides an overall picture of the funding being allocated to schools, the amount being spent on education centrally and the amount being spent on children's services provision, including Children's Social Care.
- Mainstream - Provides the detail of all mainstream Primary and Secondary schools delegated budgets and formula factors used in their determination.
- Special - Provides the detail used in the determination of Special school budgets using the Place-Plus funding methodology.
- Pupil Learning Centre (PLC) - Provides the detail used in the determination of Pupil Learning Centre budgets using the Place-Plus funding methodology.
- High Needs Places - Provides a summary of the number of agreed places funded in Special schools and Pupil Learning Centre establishments, together with the detail used in the determination of Resourced Provision and SEN Units in Mainstream schools.
- Early Years (EY) Table - Provides the detail of the structure and unit values used for Maintained Nursery Classes, Nursery Schools and Private Voluntary & Independent (PVI) providers funded through Bury's approved Early Years Single Funding Formula (EYSFF). Includes confirmation of 2 Year Old and Early Years central spend allocations.
- Mainstream Funding Pro-Forma - A copy of the statutory school funding pro-forma for Mainstream schools submitted to the Department for Education (DfE) for compliance checks and used by the Education Funding Agency (EFA) to confirm unit values and funding for Academies within Bury.
For further information regarding the tables, please contact Financial Services at Children's Services.
Scheme for financing schools
In accordance to the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 and The Schools and Early Years Finance (England) Regulations the local authority is required to publish and make available its approved scheme for financing schools.
The scheme outlines all provisions applicable to maintained schools in their management, including powers and responsibilities, of the schools delegated funding.