Building advice

The right type of building regulations application for your work

Choosing the right application for your work: Full Plans or Building Notice.

What are building regulations

Information and guidance on building regulations

Agents and builders

Building Control has a working relationship with local architectural agents and building contractors as part of the Local Authority Building Control Partnership Scheme.

Do I need building regulation approval?

Information and guidance on building regulation approval.

Competent person self-certification schemes

Introduced by the Government in 2002 the schemes allow individuals and enterprises to self-certify that their work

Electrical safety (Part P)

General advice, guidance and information regarding Electrical Safety in your home.

Access for the disabled

Bury Council is firmly committed to the principle of ensuring that the built environment is accessible to everyone.