Secondary school admissions
National Offer Day is 1 March. If you applied online you will receive an email in the morning of the 1 March, if you applied via paper form or over the telephone, a letter will be posted to you on the 1 March.
You can appeal against your secondary school allocation by completing the appeal form: Secondary school transfer appeal form [77kb]
Please email the completed form and any supplementary information to email@example.com by 31 March 2022.
Please complete one appeal form per school and one form per child.
For more information about school appeals visit Appeal against school place decision.
To be able to apply for a place in a Bury school, you must be resident in Bury. If you live outside Bury, you must apply through your home authority.
The deadline for applying for a secondary school place is 31 October 2021. If you apply after this date it can severely reduce your chances of obtaining a place at your preferred school.
Please read The Transfer to Secondary School Guide 2022 [795kb] before applying for your secondary school place. This details the admissions process and should give you all the information you need: along with our frequently asked questions. You will also find further information under the downloads section below that will help you make an informed choice when applying for your school place.
Search for details and results of our secondary schools - this includes links to their web sites where you can find details of their open days and evenings
Further important information
These pages are intended as a guide to the policies and procedures of the Local Authority (LA). Please note that:
- Bury Council does not fund places in independent schools
- Certain schools need additional information to apply their admissions criteria and may require you to also complete a Supplementary Information Form from the school's website
- The Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) publishes Reports Ofsted - Inspection reports for each school
- Ofsted is changing how it inspects and reports on schools, read about the changes at Gov.uk - Ofsted changes to how it inspects schools
- Organising travel to and from school on public transport can be done via the Transport for Greater Manchester website
- Information on tram services is available on the Transport for Greater Manchester - Trams website or at main Metrolink stations
- Links to neighbouring authorities can be found below: