Room Hire at Bury libraries
Bury Libraries has several rooms and an ICT training suite that can be hired for meetings, talks and events across the 4 locations. They are available to book during library opening hours (Tuesday to Friday from 10am to 4.30pm, Saturday 9am to 1pm), or can be booked out of hours by arrangement.
- Bury Library
- Ramsbottom Library
- Radcliffe Library
- Prestwich Library
What we can provide
You can book:
- some libraries as whole venues
- specific areas and meeting rooms if available
We can provide equipment, including:
- technical equipment, for example an interactive whiteboard
- furniture, for example tables and chairs
- facilities for hot drinks
We can also help you find people to provide catering if you need it.
What you need to provide
To hold an event in a library, you'll need:
- your own public liability insurance
- a risk assessment
- a DBS check for everyone hosting the event or activity, if children, young people or vulnerable adults will be at your event
We'll ask you to provide these either in person or by email, as part of the booking process.
We can help you with the process of getting these.
How much it costs
When we receive your enquiry we will contact you to discuss your booking and any charges that will apply.
What we need to know
You need to tell us:
- who your event is for
- what type of event it is
- which library or libraries you'd like to use
- how we can help you
- any equipment you need
- any additional requirements you have, for example accessibility adjustments such as large keyboards for computers
For further details please contact: Library.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 253 7890.