Council Tax - tell us something has changed

If something in your life changes which affects your Council Tax bill, contact us to let us know.

Changing address

Changes in who lives at your address

Changes in the circumstances of people who live with you

  • If you are receiving a single person discount and a child turns 18 years old. You can notify us by completing our single person discount cancellation form
  • If you are claiming Council Tax Support and your circumstances change
  • A person you are receiving a discount for circumstances no longer warrant the discount
  • If you pay by direct debit and your bank details change
  • A change of name of anyone named on the council tax bill due to marriage or divorce

Change of ownership

  • If you buy a property, regardless of whether you intend to live in it
  • If you sell a property, then you will no longer be responsible for the Council Tax