Bury carers' hub
Bury Carers' Hub is delivered by n-compass.
Bury Carers' Hub provides a single point of access for all adult carers (18+) supporting another adult living in Bury. The Hub exists to ensure that carers have access to information, advice, and a wide range of support services.
These support services are designed to help carers continue in their caring role for as long as they choose and to reduce the impact the caring role can have on a carer's own health and wellbeing.
Who is a carer?
A carer is someone who cares for a family member, friend or neighbour who could not manage without their support.
A carer may not always live with the person they care for, but their help can often be essential in enabling that person to go on living independently.
Whether they require care because of mental illness, disability, health, age, or substance misuse problems.
Caring for someone covers lots of different things, like helping with their washing, dressing, or eating, taking them to regular appointments, or offering emotional support.
Caring for someone who relies on you can impact on your health, finances and quality of life and may become more stressful over time.
Do you relate to any of the below? If so, we may be able to help you:
- Do you get enough sleep?
- Is your health affected?
- Are you thinking about giving up work to care?
- Do you feel lonely or isolated?
- Do you worry about what would happen to the person you care for if something should happen to you?
What support is available?
Once you get in touch with us, we can arrange for a dedicated Carers Information and Support Officer to get in touch with you, who will get to know you and gain an understanding of your needs as a carer. They will work with you to provide support to meet your individual needs.
This could include:
- Specialist 1-2-1 and group support
- Support to take breaks from caring, including befriending and peer support
- Newsletters twice a year detailing local groups, activities, and training
- Online carers community network
- A 24/7 volunteer manned Carers Help and Talk (CHAT) Line
- Support to access community and Health and Wellbeing services
- Support for former carers
- Volunteering opportunities as 'Friends of Bury Carers', including volunteering for the CHAT Line
- Carers awareness briefings for professionals
Contact Bury Carers' Hub
Please get in touch to see how we could help you.
Do you have a family member, friend or neighbour who cannot manage without your support? Then we may be able to help you
Telephone: 0300 303 0207 (calls charged at local rate).
General email: email@example.com.
Website: n-compass - Bury Carers Hub.
Online chat: n-compass - Carers support.
Address: FREEPOST Bury Carers' Hub.
n-compass is registered in England & Wales as a Registered Charity No. 1128809 and as a company limited by guarantee No. 06845210.
The information on this page is also available as a downloadable leaflet: Bury Carers' hub leaflet [1Mb].