Support for businesses affected by the coronavirus outbreak
Quick links to more information:
- Government support
- Bury Council support
- Bury Means Business Team - specialist advice and support
The Government knows that the stay at home measures have a huge impact on businesses, households and all people across the country. The Government has taken action to protect lives and incomes.
The Government have announced new temporary business rate reliefs and grants for businesses in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Find out about business grants
- Find out about business rate discounts for retail, hospitality and leisure
- Find out about business rate relief for nurseries
- Find out about small business rate relief
Full range of business support measures available to UK businesses:
- Go to gov.uk for financial support for business during coronavirus and find out what financial support you can get for your business
We have created a special team to respond to the business crisis, co-ordinating the national, regional and local responses to the emergency.
We are doing all we can to support our local employers who are facing unprecedented challenges. Our measures aim to strike the balance between ensuring that businesses who can pay continue to do so, and that those who are suffering hardship are supported.
Bury Market traders will get a two-month rent holiday, from 16 March 2020, with the possibility of more support if the coronavirus crisis is prolonged.
Traders should also check if they are eligible for further assistance from the government.
We are keen to ensure that our tenants are supported during the coronavirus outbreak so that their businesses remain viable and ready to continue to prosper when this emergency is over.
Our tenanted estate is important to the Borough for the income that it generates, its contribution to commercial vitality, local business, employment and the training.
In support of our business tenants who rent premises from us in retail units, industrial buildings and business centres, we are offering two months' rent relief as follows.
- Bury businesses with an annual business rent below £6000 will automatically receive 100% rent relief for two months.
- Bury businesses that can show they have been 'critically' affected by the coronavirus outbreak will be offered 100% relief.
- Bury businesses that can show they have been 'significantly' impacted by the coronavirus outbreak will be offered 50% rent relief.
Please note: Tenants are reminded that during this unprecedented time, you must continue to be compliant with the obligations within your lease.
To request to be considered for rent relief you must complete our application form and provide evidence of the impact that the coronavirus impact is having on your business.
Our Property and Asset Management Team will assess your application. The team will inform you of their decision within five working days of receiving your application.
We will review our scheme of support during May 2020. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns email email@example.com
To support local businesses and reduce pressure at this time we will:
- suspend our usual payment terms for SME's and make payments as promptly as we can;
- not send out debt reminders during April.
Our Bury Means Business Team works closely with local, regional and national support services to make sure businesses throughout the borough of Bury can access free, specialist advice and are supported to have a strong, successful and thriving business base.
To ask about the support available to help you start, sustain or grow a Bury business: