Support for businesses affected by the coronavirus outbreak
Quick links to more information:
- Government support
- Bury Council support
- Bury Means Business Team - specialist advice and support
The Government knows that the stay at home measures have a huge impact on businesses, households and all people across the country. The Government has taken action to protect lives and incomes.
The Government have announced new temporary business rate reliefs and grants for businesses in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Find out about business grants
- Find out about business rate discounts for retail, hospitality and leisure
- Find out about business rate relief for nurseries
- Find out about small business rate relief
Full range of business support measures available to UK businesses:
- Go to gov.uk for financial support for business during coronavirus and find out what financial support you can get for your business
We have created a special team to respond to the business crisis, co-ordinating the national, regional and local responses to the emergency.
We are doing all we can to support our local employers who are facing unprecedented challenges. Our measures aim to strike the balance between ensuring that businesses who can pay continue to do so, and that those who are suffering hardship are supported.
To support local businesses and reduce pressure at this time we will:
- suspend our usual payment terms for SME's and make payments as promptly as we can;
- not send out debt reminders during April.
Our Bury Means Business Team works closely with local, regional and national support services to make sure businesses throughout the borough of Bury can access free, specialist advice and are supported to have a strong, successful and thriving business base.
To ask about the support available to help you start, sustain or grow a Bury business: