The Household Support Fund is a grant funded by the Department for Work and Pensions. It has been extended until 31 March 2024. For the period 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024 Bury Council has been allocated £3,068,007.
Bury’s allocation of Household Support Funding will be used to :
- extend the holiday food provision for households eligible for Free School Meals up to and including Easter 2024.
- deliver a local scheme of energy efficiency measures, in particular to support minimum energy efficiency measures
- extend Citizens Advice Bureau Bury’s Neighbourhood Engagement Officer to be a link into CAB provision across the Borough
- provide food bank to food pantry transition support
- provide a further iteration of Cost of Living Community Funds being launched in summer 2023
- fund Skills & Employability boot camps including local job and skills fairs with live job vacancies. These are currently being developed and as details are confirmed this page will be updated.
You can access urgent help with food and fuel at Bury food and fuel support.