About your green recycling bin
We will empty your green bin once every three weeks on your collection day.
What we do want
- Newspapers, magazines and junk mail.
- Catalogues and phone directories.
- Paper and shredded paper.
- Cardboard boxes and cardboard packaging (please flatten).
- Wrapping paper, greetings cards and envelopes.
- Cardboard food and drink cartons.
What we don't want
- Plastic bags.
- Metallic wrapping paper.
- Plastic film and polystyrene.
- Packaging, eg from inside cardboard boxes.
- No plastic bags.
- Flatten cardboard to make more space in your bin.
- Wash and squash cardboard food and drink cartons.
- Batteries and mobile phones should always be recycled, but you can't put them in your bins at home. This is because they contain hazardous materials and are a fire risk. To find your nearest recycling point go to Recycle Now's recycling locator.