Secondary school admissions
For children due to transfer to Secondary School in September 2020, places are confirmed on 2 March 2020 when parents or carers can view their child's allocated school by logging into your account below.
If you applied by application form or telephone, a notification letter will be posted out on 2 March 2020.
If you wish to appeal the decision, have a read through our appeals page with an online appeals form to complete Appeal against school place decision
To be able to apply for a place in a Bury school, you must be resident in Bury. If you live outside Bury, you must apply through your home authority.
The transfer to Secondary School Guide 2020 [980kb]
details the admissions process and should give you all the information you need along with our frequently asked questions
Further important information
These pages are intended as a guide to the policies and procedures of the Local Authority (LA). Please note that:
- Bury Council does not fund places in independent schools.
- Certain schools need additional information to apply their admissions criteria and may require you to also complete a Supplementary Information Form from the school's website.
- The Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) publishes Reports Ofsted - Inspection reports for each school.
- Ofsted is changing how it inspects and reports on schools, read about the changes at Ofsted changes to school inspections
- Organising travel to and from school on public transport can be done via the Transport for Greater Manchester website.
- Information on tram services is available on the Metrolink website or at main Metrolink stations.
- Links to neighbouring authorities can be found below: