Secondary school admissions
The online system for applications for children to transfer to Secondary School in September 2020 is open.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2019
To be able to apply for a place in a Bury school, you must be resident in Bury. If you live outside Bury, you must apply through your home authority.
The transfer to Secondary School Guide 2020 [980kb]
details the admissions process and should give you all the information you need along with our frequently asked questions
Further important information
These pages are intended as a guide to the policies and procedures of the Local Authority (LA). Please note that:
- Bury Council does not fund places in independent schools.
- Certain schools need additional information to apply their admissions criteria and may require you to also complete a Supplementary Information Form from the school's website.
- The Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) publishes Reports Ofsted - Inspection reports for each school.
- Ofsted is changing how it inspects and reports on schools, read about the changes at Ofsted changes to school inspections
- Organising travel to and from school on public transport can be done via the Transport for Greater Manchester website.
- Information on tram services is available on the Metrolink website or at main Metrolink stations.
- Links to neighbouring authorities can be found below: