Skip to main content

There are a number of housing associations offering accommodation in Bury, which can provide:

  • specialist accommodation for specific groups of people, such as retirement homes
  • a range of accommodation for all different groups of people.

If you would like to apply for a housing association property, you'll need to register with the association directly.

Due to the limited amount of housing that becomes available, we recommend that you register with as many housing associations as possible.

Housing associations are regulated by the Tenant Services Authority to ensure that tenants have a say on how their homes are managed. 

We have a nomination agreement with all housing associations that have properties in the borough of Bury, with nomination rights to 50 percent of all housing association vacancies. Any applicant registered on our council housing register who has expressed an interest, will be nominated to housing association vacancies if they have sufficient priority on the housing register.