Skip to main content


We are always pleased to hear from people using our services who want to compliment any of our colleagues or the service they receive. We want to know from users of our services what they consider we do well. You can send us compliments and comments via our online compliments form or you can send them in writing, see contact us section.

What can I complain about?

You can complain about any services offered by Children's Services.

If you are not happy, you may want to complain and we will try to resolve your complaint quickly, fairly and confidentially.

Making a complaint

Please do not keep things to yourself when you think something needs to change, stop or you want help getting it sorted.

If you are still unhappy and want to complain, please use our online complaint form:

Alternatively, contact a member of the complaints team within the Department for Children and Young People who will help you. See the contact section below.

We are committed to providing a good quality and fair service. If we have done something well, we like to share this with other staff so that we can learn from good practice. However we sometimes make mistakes, and if we do it is important that you let us know. Our aim is to learn from complaints and improve the services we provide for Bury children.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint, please let us know and we will work with you to try to resolve any outstanding issues. However, if we are unable to reach a resolution, you can request an independent investigation (Stage 2). If you are still not satisfied you can request a review panel looks at how your complaint has been handled (Stage 3). If you are still unhappy with the response, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman. Details of these stages are available from the Complaints Team.

Annual complaints report

In line with guidance from the Department for Education, local authorities are required to publish an annual complaints report covering the council year. This report is to provide current information in respect of complaints related to Children's Services for the year 2021-2022.

Annual Complaints Report 2021-2022 [820kb] (this PDF is not fully accessible and may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. See: Accessible documents)