Bury Carers' Hub aims to assist all adult carers who support someone living in Bury. It aims to give carers access to information, advice and a range of support services.
The Bury Carers' Hub is delivered by n-compass. This support service is designed to help carers:
- continue in their caring role, for as long as they choose
- to reduce the impact that a caring role can have on their own health and wellbeing.
Supporting you, as a carer
Caring for someone who relies on you can impact your health, finances and quality of life, which may become more stressful over time. We might be able to help you if:
- you don't get enough sleep
- your health is affected
- you feel lonely or isolated
- you worry about what might happen to the person you care for, if something were to happen to you
- you're thinking about giving up work to give you more time to support the person you care for.
If you contact the Bury Carers' Hub, a conversation will be arranged to get to know you and understand your needs as a carer. This will help to organise support that is designed to your individual needs, such as:
- specialist one-to-one support
- group support
- offering support for you to take breaks from caring
- befriending and peer support
- newsletters about local groups, activities and training, delivered twice a year
- online carers community network
- volunteer Carers Help and Talk (CHAT) line, available 24 hours, 7 days a week
- access to community and Health and Wellbeing services
- support for former carers
- volunteering opportunities as 'Friends of Bury Carers'
- volunteering opportunities for the CHAT line
- carers awareness briefings, for professionals.
Contact Bury Carers' Hub
Please get in touch to see how we can help you.
- Telephone: 0300 303 0207 (calls charged at local rate)
- Text: 07786 201226
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: n-compass Bury Carers Hub
- Online chat: n-compass carers support
- Address: FREEPOST, Bury Carers' Hub
n-compass is registered in England and Wales as a Registered Charity. Their charity number is 1128809 and company limited by guarantee number is 06845210.