This page contains the latest information in relation to providing support to those affected by the conflict in Ukraine. View this page in Ukrainian (Google translate).
National Government information
The latest national guidance, including information from the Foreign Office is available at Gov.uk - Ukraine news (available in English and Ukrainian).
UK Emergency Travel Documents and Emergency Passports are accepted for exit from Ukraine. If you need such a document, you should call +380 44 490 3660 or +44 (0)1908 516666 and select the option for 'consular services for British nationals.'
If you're abroad and you need emergency help from the UK government, contact the nearest British embassy, consulate or high commission (see: Gov.uk - Find a British embassy, high commission or consulate). If you need urgent help because something has happened to a friend or relative abroad, contact the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) in London on 020 7008 5000 (24 hours).
Ukraine Family Scheme
The Ukraine Family Scheme allows family members of British nationals, UK settled persons and certain others to come to or stay in the UK.
Information on how to apply and support guidance is available at: Gov.uk - UK visa support for Ukrainian nationals.
You can call the free 24/7 helpline on +44 808 164 8810 (0808 164 8810 from within the UK) for help with any questions about the scheme.
If you cannot contact UK 0808 numbers, please use +44 (0)175 390 7510.
Homes for Ukraine
This scheme will allow Ukrainians (and their immediate family members) with no family ties to the UK to be sponsored by individuals or organisations who can offer them a home, such as a spare room or unoccupied residential self-contained unit, for a minimum period of 6 months. People arriving under this scheme will be able to live and work in the UK for up to three years and be able to access healthcare, benefits, employment support, education and English language tuition. Individuals and organisations can register interest in being a sponsor at: Gov.uk - Homes for Ukraine: record your interest.
Council contact with and support for residents hosting people from Ukraine
- Bury Council will be notified that the Homes for Ukraine application has been made between yourself as sponsor and the guests you have identified at the time of the submission of the visa application.
- On receipt of notification of this application being submitted, Bury Council will contact you and commence the necessary safeguarding and accommodation checks. As far as possible checks will be made whilst the visa application is being considered.
- Bury Council has no involvement in the visa application process - the checks locally do not determine the visa application and have no impact of the time taken for visa consideration. Bury Council do not get notified of the amount of time it is will take for the visa to be reviewed or granted.
- If you have any queries in relation to a visa application, matching process or arrangements for arrivals please contact the Home Office: Gov.uk - Apply for a visa under the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme (Homes for Ukraine)
- If you have any questions about the safeguarding or accommodation checks which will be completed by the council please call 0161 253 7941 or 07733 125437
Financial and material donations and support
There are a number of charities providing humanitarian relief in Ukraine and with those fleeing the conflict in neighbouring countries. The Disaster Emergency Committee have established a Ukraine Appeal - Donation DEC - Ukraine humanitarian appeal.
Greater Manchester based UK-Med have also established an emergency campaign backed by the Mayor of Greater Manchester. UK-Med is a frontline medical aid charity with a team in the Ukraine responding to emergency health needs. More information is available at: UK-Med - Ukraine.
The Polish Integrated Support Centre has co-ordinated large volumes of donations, including across Greater Manchester and within Bury. These are currently being processed in order to be sent onto to the Poland/Ukraine border. A WhatsApp group has been established for individuals who are able to support in a voluntary capacity with sorting donations - please message 07500 632274.
Information on local community groups, advice, support and guidance is available on The Bury Directory - which has a translation function at the top of the page, which converts each webpage on the site into Ukrainian.