Performance Planning and Commissioning privacy notice
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the Council's Privacy Notice.
This notice provides additional privacy information for:
- Post 16 High Needs Students Commissioning
- Children, Young People and Adults where an application is made to the Complex Case Panel for funding.
- Children with disabilities short breaks commissioning and direct payments.
- Residential and secure placements, foster care including external independent providers, 16 plus leaving care placements and SEN (Special educational needs) schools.
We collect or obtain your personal information for the following purpose(s):
- To commission education and social care placements and additional services for children and young people from age 0 to 25.
- To collate complex case applications for funding and record the decisions of the panel.
- To monitor budgets and financial expenditure.
Categories of personal data
In order to carry out these purposes we collect and obtain:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Address, email address and telephone numbers
- Primary need, disability, health condition
- Professional involvement: ie. health services, social care, education
- Education settings
- Social care settings
- Educational attainment
- Child or young person's individual identification number
- Offender history
- Identification documentation
Lawful basis for processing
The lawful basis for processing your personal information is:
- SEND Code of Practice 2014
- The Care Act 2014
- General Data Protection Regulation (2018)
- Data Protection Act (1998)
- Children's Act 2017
- Children's Home Regulations 2015
- Out of Authority placement of Looked After Children 2014
- Census Data
- Children and Families Act 2014
If statutory or contractual, consequences if information is not provided
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
We may share personal information about you with the following types of organisations:
- Post 16 Colleges
- Social Care - Complex Case Panel
- Bury Clinical Commissioning Group - Complex Case Panel
- Brokerage Agencies
- Looked After Children's Resource Panel
- Contracted providers for:
- 16 plus Leaving Care
As well as information collected directly from you, we also obtain or receive information from:
- Social Care - Children and Adults
- Special Educational Needs Team (SEN)
- Children with Disabilities Team (CwD)
- Adults Learning Disabilities Team
- Bury Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Community Health Services
- 16+ Placements
- Alternative provision
- Other Local Authorities
- If another organisation tells us that you or your wider family need help or support
- If there are safeguarding or child protection concerns
- A member of the public raises concerns that you, your child or another relative is at risk of harm
For this service:
All the decisions we make about you involve human intervention
Our Retention Schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information for and this is viewable from retention periods for children's records
Rights of individuals
Information about the following is accessible in our page: General Data Protection Regulation - Exercising your rights.
- contacting our DPO
- raising a concern with us, or
- making a complaint to the Information Commissioner