Bury Leisure privacy notice
Your personal data
We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your involvement with us. This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and for the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
This notice applies to you if you are either:
- A user of Leisure facilities or services or an individual who has expressed an interest in Bury Leisure facilities or services and has contacted us to receive information about the facilities and/or events.
- An individual who has subscribed to or purchased our services/ memberships, courses, classes etc.
References to we, our or us in this privacy notice are to Bury Leisure facilities or services consisting of Castle Leisure Centre, Radcliffe Leisure Centre, Ramsbottom Pool and Fitness Centre, Bury Sport and Physical Activity Service (SAPAS), I Will If You Will (IWIYW), Wheels For All or Bury'd Treasure
Our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council's primary privacy notice.
Personal information we may collect from you
We obtain your personal information for the following purposes and lawfully as indicated:
- personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers
- date of birth
- records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us
- Details you provide about your experience in the sport and your interests in getting further involved in the sport
- any feedback you provide in a survey if not anonymous
- records of your attendance at any events, competitions or workshops delivered by us or our sports partners
- images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings
- any payment or bank details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you
- use of and movements through our online portal, passwords, personal identification numbers, IP addresses, user names and other IT system identifying information
- your marketing preferences so that we know whether and how we should contact you
- information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation
- information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records, medical records and health professional information.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal information is as detailed below.
|Purpose||Personal information used||Lawful basis|
|To administer any registration or membership account(s) you have with us and managing our relationship with you, including dealing with enquiries made by you||All contact details comprising name, address etc. record of your interactions with us, and marketing preferences. Use of and movements through our online portal.||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer your account or relationship with us.|
|To send you marketing information we think you might find useful or which you have requested from us, including our newsletter and information about our events and any offers from our partners and activity providers to further progress your interest in sport and leisure||Contact details, (email address, postal address) andmarketing preferences. Details you provide about your experience in the sport and, your interests in getting further involved in the sport||Where you have given us your explicit consent to do so.|
|To deal with your queries or complaints||Contact details (email address, postal address and/or telephone) and records of your interactions with us||We have a legitimate interest to provide complaint handling services to you in case there are any issues with the service we provide.|
|Retention of records||All the personal information we collect as detailed in this table||We have a legitimate interest in retaining records whilst they may be required in relation to complaints or claims. We need to retain records in order to properly administer and manage any account you have with us and in some cases we may have legal or regulatory obligations to retain records.|
|To conduct data analytics studies and reports to better understand event attendance and trends within sport and leisure in the region||Records of your attendance at any events or competitions hosted by us and/or our delivery partners.||We have a legitimate interest in doing so to ensure that our activities and events continue to improve and are targeted and relevant.|
|For the purposes of promoting sport via our website and promotional material||Images in video and/or photographic form||Where you have given us your explicit consent to do so|
|To comply with health and safety requirements||Records of attendance and health and medical information||We have a legal obligation and a legitimate interest to provide you and other members of our organisation with a safe environment in which to participate in sport|
|To use information about your physical or mental health (including any injuries) or disability status to ensure your health and safety and to assess your fitness to participate in any of the activities or events we host||Health information||We have a legal obligation and a legitimate interest to provide you and other members of our organisation with a safe environment in which to participate in sport. Where you have given us your explicit consent to do so|
|For the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring||Name, title, date of birth, gender, information about your race or ethnicity, and health information.||We have a legitimate interest to promote a sports environment that is inclusive, fair and accessible.Where you have given us your explicit consent to do so.|
|To administer your attendance at any courses, events or programmes you sign up to||All contact details, date of birth, gender, health and medical information||This is necessary to enable us to register you on to and arrange for the effective delivery of our courses, development programmes and events|
Information sharing / recipients
We may share personal information about you with the following types of organisations:
- Other service providers and advisors:
for example, email marketing specialists, payment processors, professional advisors, data analysts and IT service providers
- Our partners and activity providers:
for the purposes of providing you with information on any tickets, special offers, opportunities, products and services and other commercial benefits provided by our commercial partners where you have given your express for us to.
- Data transfers beyond EEA: see our core data protection obligations and commitments are set out in the council's primary privacy notice at council's primary privacy notice.
- Automated decisions:
for leisure services, all the decisions we make about you involve human intervention
- Data retention / criteria:
Our Retention Schedule outlines how long we retain certain types of information for.
Rights of individuals
Further information about exercising your rights and the Information Commissioner Office guide is available on our primary privacy notice page.
Changes to this notice
We may update or revise this privacy notice at any time so please refer to this web site version for the most up to date details.