Leaving hospital

You should tell the hospital nursing staff as soon as possible, so that they know you will be homeless when you are discharged. They will ask the Hospital Discharge Team to help if they can.

The Hospital Discharge team may refer you to the Homeless Assessment & Support Service at Bury Council where they will assess your situation.

If you have a home already but it needs to be adapted, the hospital will refer you to  Bury Council's team who are responsible for adaptations or Disabled Facilities Grant.

The following services may also be able to provide you with help:

If you still need help and advice you can contact us or you can complete the referral below and we will contact you.

Complete a referral to the Homeless Assessment & Support Service

Contact for Homeless Assessment & Support Service