What is the Bury Vision?
In 2015, Bury Council produced a Vision, Purpose and Values document. It sets out the council's strategic direction for the council towards 2020.
The plan outlines the vision for the Council - to lead, shape and maintain a prosperous, sustainable, Bury that is fit for the future.
There are six priorities to help provide the focus for our work:
- Drive forward through effective marketing and information, proactive engagement with the people of Bury to take ownership of their own health and wellbeing.
- Continue to develop business friendly policies to attract inward investment and new jobs so that Bury retains its position as a premier destination for retail, leisure, tourism and culture.
- Ensure new and affordable housing is developed to support growth in the Bury and Greater Manchester economy.
- Build on the culture of efficiency and effectiveness through new, progressive and integrated partnership working models to drive forward the Council's and Greater Manchester Public Service growth and reform agenda.
- Ensure staff have the right skills to embrace significant organisational change, through embedding a culture of ownership, empowerment and decision making at all levels of the organisation.
- Work toward reducing reliance on government funding by developing new models of delivery that are affordable, add value and based on need.