Make a Council Tax Support claim
Check if you are eligible
You can check if you are eligible using the online calculator below, provided by entitledto. It will take you about 10 minutes to do a trial calculation.
Make a claim
You can apply for Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit at the same time. We will also use the information you give us to check if you can get free school meals. You can use the form to apply for Council Tax Support only if:
- you own your home
- you get Universal Credit - help with your rent is included in your Universal Credit and you do not have to claim Housing Benefit separately from us
The form will take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. You do not need to complete it one sitting, you can stop and then return to it later.
You will need to have the following information to hand:
- National Insurance number for you and your partner
- the full names and date of birth for all household members
- details of income and savings for everyone living in your household
- your rent details including amount of rent, your landlord and any charges included in your rent, such as water or electricity - this information should be on your tenancy agreement
Providing evidence with your claim
We will usually need you to provide evidence to support your claim.
Fast track processing
We can offer a fast track processing service for on line applications. When you have submitted your application you will need to bring all the evidence to support your application to the Council offices at Whittaker Street, Radcliffe M26 2DT. We will scan the evidence you have provided and check your application. Providing we have everything we need to pay the claim, your application will be processed as a priority.