Make a Housing Benefits claim
You can apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support at the same time. We will also use the information you give us to check if you can get free school meals. If you only want to claim free school meals, please complete our separate claim form.
Before you make your claim
Are you eligible?
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support are based on your household's income. Check if you are eligible using the online calculator provided by entitledto. It will take you about 10 minutes to do a trial calculation.
Should you be getting Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit?
Housing Benefit is being replaced by Universal Credit for a lot of households in Bury Council's area
If you are getting Universal Credit you still need to claim Council Tax Support from us.
Make a claim
The form will take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. You will need to have the following information to hand:
- National Insurance numbers for you and your partner
- the full names and dates of birth for all household members
- details of income and savings for everyone living in your household
- your rent details if applicable - including amount of rent, who your landlord is and any charges included in your rent, such as water or electricity
The form will explain what evidence you need provide.
Fast track processing
We offer a fast track processing service for online applications. You need to:
- submit your application online
- bring all the evidence to support your claim to the Council offices at Whittaker Street, Radcliffe, M26 2DT
- check your application and the evidence
- process your application as a priority - providing we have everything we need