Make a housing benefits claim

Check if you are eligible

You can check if you are eligible using the online calculator below, provided by Entitledto. It will take you about 10 minutes to do a trial calculation.

Check if you are eligible for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support (via Entitledto website)

Make a claim

You can apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support at the same time. We will also use the information you give us to check if you can get free school meals. If you own your home, or are receiving Universal Credit, you can use the form to claim Council Tax Support only.

Apply for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support 

The form will take about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. You do not need to complete it one sitting, you can stop and then return to it later.

You will need to have the following information to hand:

  • National Insurance number for you and your partner
  • the full names and date of birth for all household members
  • details of income and savings for everyone living in your household
  • your rent details including amount of rent, your landlord and any charges included in your rent, such as water or electricity - this information should be on your tenancy agreement

Providing evidence with your claim

We will usually need you to provide evidence to support your claim.

Find out what evidence you need to supply

Fast track processing

We can offer a fast track processing service for on line applications. When you have submitted your application you will need to bring all the evidence to support your application to the Council offices at Whittaker Street, Radcliffe, M26 2DT. The receptionist will scan all your evidence and you can then contact us using the free phones for a member of staff to check through your application. Providing we have everything we need to pay the claim, your application will be processed as a priority.


Benefits Service