Deprivation of Liberty information for professionals

Care homes, care homes with nursing, independent hospitals and acute hospitals are managing authorities. Managing authorities must make a referral to the supervisory body in order to lawfully deprive someone of their liberty. All the information you need can be found on this page.

To make an application for a Deprivation of Liberty, or to request a review, send the relevant completed form to the DoLS team by fax.

Please do not submit any of the below forms if you are not a managing authority.

Contact for DoLS Team