Get started with Adult Social Care


There are many varied situations in which you may need support from Adult Social Care Services such as:

  • You may be getting older and find it difficult to do the everyday things around your home;
  • You may have become ill or been in hospital and need some care while you recover;
  • You may be living with a physical disability and require specific equipment to help you live more independently;
  • You may be living with a learning disability and need support from others to help you do the things that you want to do; or
  • You may be a carer for someone, but need a bit more help to do this.

We understand that everyone is different, and endeavour to make sure that the care services we provide are suited to you and meet your individual care needs. The first step is to complete an assessment so we can find out whether you are eligible for Social Care Services and how best to help you.

What is an assessment and how do I get one?

An assessment is a discussion with a professional about your needs and how we can support you.

Adult Care Connect and Direct is the first point of contact for customers who need an initial assessment or response from Adult Social Care Services. You can contact the Adult Care Connect and Direct using the details on this page.

Following a Social Care Assessment you may also need a Financial Assessment to find out how much you might need to pay towards any services you receive. To find out more please visit the Care costs - Your contribution towards your care costs section.

What else is available to support me?

If you are not eligible for Adult Social Care or would like to explore other options there are many services and organisations in the community available to help you.

Bury Council have 'universal services' which you do not need an assessment for such as a carelink alarm or support at home. These services come at a small cost. Please visit the Help to stay independent section.

You can also search for these services and more by visiting The Bury Directory or speaking with a Customer Advisor at Adult Care Connect and Direct.

Contact for Adult Care Connect and Direct