Household waste recycling centres (tips)
Phased re-opening of sites and recycling containers
You can take the following items to HWRCs in Greater Manchester. Please be aware that some centres are still closed.
- Bagged general waste (including small bulky items)
- Garden waste (no soil)
- Wood and timber
- Scrap metal (from Saturday 30 May)
- Rubble (from Saturday 30 May)
- Large bulky items such as fridges, freezers, items of furniture and mattresses must not be taken to the HWRCs at this time
- Within the borough of Bury, only Radcliffe HWRC at Cemetery Road is currently open.
- Bury HWRC at Every Street remains closed until further notice.
- Social distancing will be in place on site - you must keep 2 metres apart from others.
Radcliffe HWRC opening times
- Radcliffe HWRC at Cemetery Road in Radcliffe is open from 8am to 6pm daily.
- To contact Radcliffe HWRC: Phone 0161 723 5249 or 07881 386876.
HWRC rules (important information to note before travelling)
- Only 1 person allowed out of the vehiclle
- Please keep 2 metres apart from other visitors and staff at a HWRC
- Only cars and small vans will be allowed on site (no transit type vans and vehicles with trailers)
- No pedestrian access
- You will need to unload your vehicle yourself (HWRC staff will not be able to help you with this)
- Bring proof of address with you such as your Council Tax bill, gas or electric bill to show you live in one of the 9 council areas in Greater Manchester. You can show your bill on your mobile phone.
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and CCTV are in operation (trade waste is not allowed)
- Please make sure you don't block access for other road users (queues may be longer than usual)