Supported Living

What types of support do Supporting People services offer?

Floating Support

A support worker visits a person in his or her own home to support them to maintain their tenancy. Once they have established themselves in the community and are able to live independently the service moves to another client.


A hostel is somewhere that people with no home can live for a short time.

Warden / Visiting Support

Sheltered housing with a Scheme Manager who will have regular contact with tenants and an alarm for 24 hour cover in emergencies.

24 Hour Supported Accommodation

Support staff will be on-site 24 hours a day with either 'waking night' or 'sleep-in' cover over night. Often it is a shared house with communal living areas such as lounge and kitchen but it may also be a collection of self-contained flats within a larger building with staff accommodation alongside.

Supported Accommodation with Visiting Support

As above but tenants are visited on a regular basis by support staff.

How do I find a Supporting People Service?

You can download this directory to find out details of services in the Bury area. Details of how to access the service are listed on the page showing the service details.

Contact for Housing Assessment Team – Housing Advice & Homelessness