Primary school admissions
For children due to start Primary School in September 2019, places are confirmed on 16 April 2019. Parents or carers can view their child's allocated school by logging into your account below.
If you have applied by application form or telephone, a notification letter will be posted out on 16 April 2019.
If you wish to appeal, have a read through our appeals page with an online appeals form to complete Appeal for Reception Class
Useful information before making your application
To be able to apply for a place in a Bury School, you must be resident in Bury. If you live outside Bury, you must apply through your home authority.
These pages are intended as a guide to the policies and procedures of the Local Authority (LA). Please note that:
- Bury Council does not fund places in independent schools.
- Details of primary schools and local authority nurseries in Bury can be found from the list of Primary Schools
- Certain schools need additional information to apply their admissions criteria and may require you to also complete a Supplementary Information Form from the school's website.
- The Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) publishes inspection reports Reports Ofsted - Inspection reports for each school.
- Read about how Ofsted will be changing how they inspect schools Ofsted changes to school inspections
- Organising travel to and from school on public transport can be done via the Transport for Greater Manchester website. Transport for Greater Manchester
- Information on tram services is available on the Metrolink website or at main Metrolink stations.
- Links to neighbouring authorities can be found below: