Primary school admissions
Offer Day is 18 April. If you applied online you will receive an email in the morning of the 18 April, if you applied via paper form or over the telephone, a letter will be posted to you on the 18 April.
You can appeal against your primary school reception class allocation by completing the appeal form: Primary school reception class appeal form [114kb].
Please email the completed form and any supplementary information to email@example.com by 18 May 2022.
Please complete one appeal form per school and one appeal form per child.
For more information about school appeals please visit Appeal against school place decision.
Useful information before making your application
To be able to apply for a place in a Bury School, you must be resident in Bury. If you live outside Bury, you must apply through your home authority.
Admissions to Primary School Guide 2022 [691kb]
details the admissions process and should give you all the information you need along with our Primary school admissions - frequently asked questions.
These pages are intended as a guide to the policies and procedures of the Local Authority (LA). Please note that:
- Bury Council does not fund places in independent schools
- Details of primary schools and local authority nurseries in Bury can be found from the Primary schools page
- Certain schools need additional information to apply their admissions criteria and may require you to also complete a Supplementary Information Form from the school's website
- The Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) publishes inspection reports Reports Ofsted - Inspection reports for each school
- Ofsted is changing how it inspects and reports on schools, read about the changes at Gov.uk - Ofsted changes to how it inspects schools
- Organising travel to and from school on public transport can be done via Transport for Greater Manchester
- Information on tram services is available on the Transport for Greater Manchester - Trams website or at main Metrolink stations
- Links to neighbouring authorities can be found below: