Primary school admissions
The online system for applications for children due to start Reception in September 2019 closed on the 15 January 2019. Applications submitted after this date will be treated as late.
Useful information before making your application
To be able to apply for a place in a Bury School, you must be resident in Bury. If you live outside Bury, you must apply through your home authority.
These pages are intended as a guide to the policies and procedures of the Local Authority (LA). Please note that:
- Bury Council does not fund places in independent schools.
- Details of primary schools and local authority nurseries in Bury can be found from the list of Primary Schools
- Certain schools need additional information to apply their admissions criteria and may require you to also complete a Supplementary Information Form from the school's website.
- The Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) publishes inspection reports Reports Ofsted - Inspection reports for each school.
- Organising travel to and from school on public transport can be done via the Transport for Greater Manchester website. Transport for Greater Manchester
- Information on tram services is available on the Metrolink website or at main Metrolink stations.
- Links to neighbouring authorities can be found below: