Chemical / Toxic release
Advice for protecting yourself and others
In the unlikely event of chemical or toxic release, the following advice has been published by the Government:
- Go indoors and stay there
- Bring any pet inside with you
- Close outside doors, windows and air vents
- Turn off fans, hot air heating systems, ventilation etc.
- Cover all unsealed fresh food
- Listen to your local radio station for further advice.
During and after:
- Don't go outside until told it is safe to do so
- Don't try to collect children from school unless instructed to - they will be looked after, so don't worry
- Don't use rainwater, or eat locally grown vegetables until you are told they are safe.