Our Homelessness Partnership is a forum of multiple organisations who deliver services to the homeless community, including partners from statutory and the faith and voluntary sectors.
Homelessness is not just a problem for statutory services like our council, but for all services and the community.
Homeless partnership members
Partnership members meet to support the aims of helping the issue of homelessness and to develop interventions, solutions and new ways of working. To find out when the next meeting is, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Adullam Homes
- David Sutherland, Chair of Bury Homeless Partnership
- Bury Council
- Calico Homes
- Caritas: Red Door Margaret Madden, Vice Chair of Bury Homeless Partnership
- Greater Manchester Fire Service
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Greater Manchester Police
- Great Places Housing Group
- Six Town Housing.
We pledge that we will work to improves outcomes for homeless people in Bury by ensuring timely and fair assessments, high quality housing provisions, aspirational exit strategies and continued wrap around support.
We believe that everyone who is homeless or at risk of homelessness should have a right to:
- asafe secure home, along with an appropriate level of support to create a good quality of life
- safety from violence, abuse, theft and discrimination, and the full protection of the law
- respect and a good standard of service everywhere
- equality of access to information and services
- equality of information to employment, training, volunteering, leisure and creative activities.
We believe that those who work with people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness have a collective responsibility to ensure that:
- good communication, coordination and a consistent approach is delivered across all services
- people with experience of homelessness have a voice and are involved in designing the services aimed at helping them and others.
There is great work that takes place across Bury and we're pleased to share and celebrate some success stories:
- Paul went from rough sleeping on the streets of Bury, to being accommodated through a bed every night service. Paul then moved in to supported accommodation where he will learn the skills to manage his own tenancy.
- Jessie completed a successful journey through the a bed every night and Bridges Service. He then went on to move into his own tenancy.