Skip to main content

There is a wide range of support available for people who have a disability with travel and transport assistance. 

School and College Transport Team

provide travel arrangements for children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) living within the boundaries of Bury Council to support them to access education.

Assistance with travel is provided where eligible children/young people meet the criteria in the policy for travel arrangements.

Students with learning difficulties/disability will be provided with assistance with their travel between home and college, providing they meet the criteria in the policy for travel arrangements.

Contact Details

Telephone Number:  0161 253 6968    Email:

Bury school-and-college-travel-assistance  - Information on eligibility criteria and application forms for school\college travel  and travel policies.

Blue Badge Scheme. The Blue Badge Scheme helps disabled people with severe mobility problems by allowing them to park closer to their destination. 

Our Pass - The ‘Our Pass’ is a membership scheme for young people who live in Greater Manchester, and supports both school leavers and care leavers.

Disabled person’s railcard. If you have a disability that makes travelling by train difficult, then you may be eligible for a railcard that entitles you to 1/3 off train fares.

Support services using transport if you are disabled. provides information and advice on what support is available when using public transport. This includes giving advance notice if you will need support from staff when travelling.

Disabled toilet access. The Radar National Key Scheme offers disabled people independent access to around 9,000 locked public toilets around the country. You can visit Disability Rights UK to purchase a radar key and get more information on the toilet locations.

Patient Transport Service (PTS)Patient Transport Service (PTS) - NWAS - North West Ambulance Service