The Council has received applications for the designation of a Neighbourhood Area and Neighbourhood Forum for Prestwich Village:
- Proposed forum name: Prestwich Village Neighbourhood Forum
- Proposed area name: Prestwich Village Forum Area
The Council is required to consult on these applications for a minimum period of 6 weeks.
Both applications and supporting information can be viewed below:
Neighbourhood area application:
- Downloadpdf file
- Prestwich Village Forum Area[403KB]Downloadpdf file
Neighbourhood forum application:
- Downloadpdf file
- Constitution for PVNF[371KB]Downloadpdf file
Comments are now being invited on the applications for a Neighbourhood Area and Neighbourhood Forum for Prestwich Village over a 6-week period running from Monday 13 March 2023 to Monday 24 April 2023 at 11.59pm.
Comments can be submitted by:
- Completing one or both of the online comment forms below; or
- post to: Strategic Planning and Infrastructure, Business Growth and Infrastructure, 3 Knowsley Place, Duke Street, Bury BL9 0EJ.
It should be noted that, in the event that a neighbourhood forum designation is made for Prestwich Village, no other organisation or body may be designated for that neighbourhood area until that designation expires or is withdrawn.
What is neighbourhood planning?
Neighbourhood planning was introduced in the Localism Act 2011 and enables communities to play a much stronger role in shaping the areas in which they live and work and in supporting new development proposals.
It provides a powerful set of tools for local people to plan for the types of development to meet their community's needs where the ambition of the neighbourhood is aligned with the strategic needs and priorities of the wider local area.
What can communities use neighbourhood planning for?
Local communities can choose to:
- set planning policies through a neighbourhood plan that forms part of the development plan used in determining planning applications
- grant planning permission through Neighbourhood Development Orders and Community Right to Build Orders for specific development which complies with the order.
- Neighbourhood Planning
- Planning Portal - Neighbourhood planning
- Gov.uk - National Planning Policy Framework
- Gov.uk - Neighbourhood Planning (guidance)
- Legislation.gov - The Localism Act 2011 (see schedule 9, from page 349, for Neighbourhood Planning)
- Legislation.gov - The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012
- Legislation.gov - The Neighbourhood Planning (General) (Amendment) Regulations 2015
- Trafford.gov - The Neighbourhood Planning (General) (Amendment) Regulations 2016