Council Information Points act as a link between customers and council services in providing easy access at a time and place to suit.
Some of the services we can help you with
- Taking non-cash payments - on all Council services such as Council Tax, rent, car parking fines, dog fouling fines, library charges i.e. book fines, audio visual loan hire, computer print-outs etc.
- Request a service and/or Report a Problem - submit reports about service requests for things such as bulky waste collection, request a new bin, report any problems with street lighting, potholes, highways, street lighting, dog fouling etc.
- Freephone - so you can contact other council services during normal office hours, such as Six Town Housing, Customer Support & Collection, Planning, etc.
- Council forms - you can hand in completed Council forms and we can also provide assistance if you need help completing Council forms
- Housing and/or Council Tax Benefit - help with making your claim, photocopying and verifying supporting documentation and then forwarding to the appropriate Department
- Active Lifestyle Discount Card - check eligibility and get your discount card to receive discounted rates at Bury leisure centres and library service
These libraries can help with all the services listed above
- Bury Library
- Prestwich Library & Adult Learning Centre
- Radcliffe Library
- Ramsbottom Library & Adult Learning Centre
Customers can make payments online from a public access computer in the library.