Community Safety Service
Our Community Safety Service operates 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days-a-year. The service comprises a Control Room and the mobile Community Response and Patrol (Security) Service.
What does the control room do?
- act as a 24-hour contact point for the Bury Council, particularly out of hours;
- monitor alarms and CCTV (buildings and public areas) including key holdings for Council and Private buildings;
- co-ordinate and support the delivery of Bury Council's functions out of hours which include Social Services, Homeless, Highways, Winter Maintenance and Adult Care.
- are a contact point for major incidents.
What does the community response and patrol service do?
- undertake mobile patrols and static guarding duties on Bury Council/private land and buildings to help reduce crime and security risks;
- respond to alarms and CCTV activations;
- protect the safety and interests of staff and members of the public using Bury Council facilities;
- provide support in the event of a major incident; and
- work with the police and other organisations to help reduce crime.
CCTV in Bury, Prestwich, Radcliffe and Ramsbottom
In addition to the public area CCTV, the Control Room through advanced technology also monitor CCTV at a variety of premises including public buildings, schools and colleges.
Mobile CCTV systems are also available for use in partnership with the Police and other agencies in 'hotspots' to gather evidence or detect crime including fly-tipping and anti-social behaviour.
How do I request CCTV footage?
Requests for CCTV footage must be made within the 31 days of the incident or occurrence. After this time recorded images will have been overwritten and deleted from the system.
To request a copy of CCTV footage you must complete and return a subject access form. To request a copy of this form phone 0161 253 6607 or email
You must prove that you have a 'just reason' for the request giving as much detail and correct timings as possible.
Each case will be viewed and considered on its own merits.
How do I contact the Community Safety Service
The Control Room's main number is 0161 253 6606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request CCTV footage phone 0161 253 6607 or email email@example.com.