Report a public rights of way problem

Report a public right of way problem

Use this form to report a problem with a public right of way.  For example, a broken stile, overgrown vegetation or trees, a damaged path surface and damaged or missing sign posts. 

About public rights of way problems

We prioritise problems reported with public rights of way according to the needs of local communities and our obligations as the highway and access authority.  Our response to reported problems will depend on the resources available.  The time taken to resolve a problem may take longer depending on the nature of it and how easy it is the find out who owns the land and has responsibility for it.

Please answer all the questions in our online form as clearly and accurately as you can to help us to deal with the problem you are reporting.   


Highway Network Services