Renew your allotment for another year

Pay to renew your allotment for another year

You will need to know the reference number from your invoice and amount you have to pay.

How to apply for an allotment

To apply to be an allotment holder please contact the allotment site directly.

Allotment sites and contact details

Some allotments, although still owned by us, are managed by an association of tenants. The association collects rents, arranges for repairs and maintenance and handles all new tenancies. Here are the contact details for all the allotment sites in the borough of Bury.

Allotment sites in Bury
Allotment siteContact detailsPlots
Athlone AvenueMrs J Bowring, 07709 18776813
Avondale AvenueMrs J Bowring, 07709 18776810
Diggle LaneFacebook - Diggle Lane Allotments67
Walnut Avenue, Huntley Fold and Hazel Avenue (Walnut Avenue Allotments Association)Susan Ruddock, 0752212953040

Allotment sites in Radcliffe
Allotment siteContact detailsPlots
Homer Street (waiting list closed)Email: Fay Davies8
Osborne Walk (waiting list closed)Email: Fay Davies12
Pilkington Road (waiting list closed)Email: Fay Davies4

Allotment sites in Prestwich
Allotment siteContact detailsPlots
Albert AvenuePaul (Allotment Secretary), 0161 798 895038
Egypt LaneBury Council, 0161 253 589920
Highfield RoadAdrian, chair person, 07972 21640127
LangleyLangley Allotments website96
South Clough AllotmentsEdith North, 0161 773 968731

Allotment sites in Ramsbottom and Tottington
Allotment siteContact detailsPlots
Bolton Road WestBury Council, 0161 253 58996
Fern StreetBury Council, 0161 253 589919
Peel Brow-50
Whalley RoadBury Council, 0161 253 589917
South Royd StreetMrs Val Raw, 0161 764 95836

Allotment sites in Whitefield
Allotment siteContact detailsPlots
Whalley RoadDavid Pointon, 0161 766 420614
Nipper LaneMrs M Hope, 0161 766 889262
Lancaster AvenueBury Council, 0161 253 58998

Allotment rents for council-managed allotments

  • Plots up to 125 square metres £102
  • Plots over 125 and up to 170 square metres £122
  • Plots over 170 and up to 250 square metres £162
  • Plots over 250 square metres £253

Allotment rents for self-managed allotments

Rents for plots under self-management agreements are set by individual associations, but cannot exceed the maximum amount set by the Council.

Contact for Parks and Countryside Service