Tell us about a change of address and register for Council Tax

We need to know if you are:

  • moving into Bury
  • moving out of Bury
  • changing address within the borough

Report a change of address

Council Tax is worked out on a daily basis, so if you move home, you will be billed up to the date of the move at your old address and then you will be sent a bill for your new address.

If you have paid too much at your old address we will transfer the balance to your new account. If you move outside the Bury area we will refund the money to you.

Who else needs to know you're moving

If you are moving either within or into the borough you can also: