Report a change in your circumstances
If something in your life changes which affects your Council Tax bill, contact us to let us know.
- Let us know if you move address so we can amend your liability for the Council Tax. Find out more information about telling us you have moved home.
Changes in who lives at your address
- If anyone named on the Council Tax bill moves out.
- If someone named on the Council Tax bill dies.
- If someone moves out and you are now on your own. You will be entitled to a a reduction in your Council Tax bill if you are the only adult in the property.
- If you are receiving a single person discount and another adult moves into your property - please use our single person discount cancellation form.
- A person you are receiving a discount for moves out.
- If you are responsible for an empty property and you rent it out to a tenant.
Changes in the circumstances of people who live with you
- If you are receiving a single person discount and a child turns 18 years old. You can notify us by completing our single person discount cancellation form.
- If you are claiming Council Tax Support and your circumstances change.
- A person you are receiving a discount for circumstances no longer warrant the discount.
- If you pay by direct debit and your bank details change.
- A change of name of anyone named on the council tax bill due to marriage or divorce.
Change of ownership
- If you buy a property, regardless of whether you intend to live in it.
- If you sell a property, then you will no longer be responsible for the Council Tax.