Blue Badge Scheme
The Blue Badge scheme provides parking concessions for people with severe mobility problems, who have difficulty using public transport and hold a valid National Insurance number. The scheme operates throughout the UK and is recognised throughout the European Union.
Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
You can apply for or renew a Blue Badge up to two months before the expiry date over the telephone on 0161-253-6855.
You will be asked a series of questions which you should answer in as much detail as possible about your disability. You will need to provide your National Insurance number when you apply.
If your application is successful, you will need to attend Connect & Direct to provide proof of your identity and disability. You will need to bring with you:
- Proof of address, dated in the last 3 months, e.g. utility bill or prescription
- Photographic ID, e.g. passport or driving licence
- Proof of National Insurance number, e.g. NI card or pension letter
- If you have been asked to provide proof of your disability, please provide recent medical evidence in writing from a GP or consultant
- The Blue Badge team will need to see a full copy of the latest award letter (not your Yearly Update or Annual Advice Letter) from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) showing that you receive '8 points or more for the 'moving around activity' under the mobility section' of Personal Independence Payment (PIP). If you do not already have this, please contact the DWP helpline for a copy on 0800-169-0310
Please note that there is no grace period after your blue badge has run out. You must not use a Blue Badge after it has expired.
Using a Blue Badge in Bury
You must be in the vehicle, either as the driver or as a passenger, when your badge is being used, or being picked up.
There are designated disabled spaces in car parks throughout the borough, for the use of Blue Badge holders, where you can park for free. You can also park for up to 3 hours on single or double yellow lines.
Replace a lost or stolen Blue Badge?
You will need to report your badge lost or stolen to the police on Report My Loss and get a Crime Reference Number before you can replace your badge. You can replace your badge over the telephone on 0161-253-6855. You will be charged £10 for a replacement badge.
Blue Badge fraud
If you wish to report fraud or misuse of a Blue Badge, please complete the following form with as much information as possible. You can do this anonymously if you wish.