Building Control - What it does
At Bury Council Building Regulations are administered by the Building Control Section which is part of the Planning Service. Our highly qualified and experienced team of Building Control Officers examine and comment upon plans for developments and carry out inspections of work in progress. Their extensive knowledge of materials and construction methods is available to you at all stages of the construction process.
Set out below is just a few of the ways in which Building Control can contribute towards a successful project.
Our services include:
- Detailed checking procedures for projects submitted for Building Regulation approval;
- Efficient site inspection service - mobile communications, answer phone facility (after 12.30pm);
- Unrivalled knowledge of local ground conditions;
- Advice on the Building Regulations from qualified Surveyors with years of practical site experience (pre-deposit meetings available in appropriate cases);
- Close liaison with other local authority departments and official agencies, including the Fire Authority;
- Archive records containing invaluable information concerning existing structures;
- Information and advice concerning access and facilities for disabled people.
We also investigate reported dangerous buildings and structures in the interest of public safety.
Our service standards
Bury Building Control, working with LABC, have achieved Building Control - ISO 9001 Quality Management System accreditation.
ISO 9001 is the internationally recognised standard for quality. By being certified, country wide, we can reassure our customers that Bury Council Building Control is fully committed to providing a quality service by continuously undergoing the scrutiny of this third part certification body.
Our ISO 9001 quality policy statement is available on request. Please contact us for details.