Apply for Affordable Housing
In order to be eligible you must:
- have been living within the borough (Prestwich, Whitefield, Radcliffe, Tottington, Ramsbottom or Bury) for at least the last six months immediately prior to the date of your application. If you are making a joint application, only one of the applicants has to be living within the borough.
- have no current or former rent arrears with the Council
- have no history of anti-social behaviour with the Council
- agree to use the property as your own main home, you cannot rent it out
- not own any other property
- applicants applying for Intermediate Rent must have a household income of less than £80,000 per annum and must be in permanent employment.
If you think you meet the above criteria simply complete the online application form below and we will notify you if you have been accepted onto the scheme (normally within ten working days). Please note, you may not have to be registered on the Affordable Housing Scheme or live in the borough to be eligible for certain properties or developments. Please contact us to check if you are unsure.
What happens next?
We will process your application and conduct any necessary checks, then we will write to you to advise you of the outcome.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will inform you of the reasons for the rejection.
If you do not agree with the decision, you can request a review by writing to the Corporate Policy Manager at the address on this page.
Once you have been accepted please visit the developments listed on our webpages to view the properties and let us know if you are interested in a particular property, after you have checked with the house builder, estate/letting agent or other that it is still available. Viewing arrangements are listed on these webpages.